Yesterday after a long gap from gaming I thought of playing WWE Raw vs Smackdown on my Windows system via PCSX2 Emulator. I have played it on number of ocassions earlier via PCSX2 emulator and my experience has been quite good with using this amazing emulator but yesterday I got frustrated because of one irritating error that was displaying ” A file could not be created. Path: C:\Program Files(x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\ps2bios\scph10000.nvm” whenever I was trying to launch PCSX2.exe file. I cross checked all my bios and PCSX2 configuration and everything was perfect but was still facing the same error again and again. Therefore I tried to find solutions over Internet and did managed to find few among which one worked for me absolutely fine which I have shared below. So just check below on how to fix PCSX2 file could not be created or opened error.
How to Fix PCSX2 File Could Not be Created or Opened Error : Steps to Follow
Though this error looks quite frustrating and irritating one but it is very simple to get rid of this PCSX2 file could not be created or opened error. You just need to follow the below mentioned simple fix and your error will get resolved immediately after implementing the below steps.
Important Points to Note :
- Make sure that you are using the Latest Version of PCSX2 Emulator.
- Make sure that you have installed DirectX and Microsoft Visuals C++
- Also make sure that you are having appropriate PCSX2 Bios files.
Steps to Follow to Fix PCSX2 File Could Not be Created or Opened Error :
After you have ensured all the above points and still after this you are facing this error then you just need to follow the below given procedure.
- Try to Run your PCSX2 emulator with Run As Administrator and to do so you can either just Right click on the PCSX2 exe and select Run As Administrator but you need to perform this every time whenever you launch PCSX2 so better perform right click on the PCSX2 exe and select Properties -> Navigate to Compatibility Tab -> Check mark the Box “Run As an Admininstrator”
- That’s it now try to run and emulate your PS2 Game ISO with PCSX2 Emulator and I hope you won’t face the same error again.
Uninstall PCSX2 Completely from your system and make sure to take a backup of your PCSX2 Bios folder and then try to install PCSX2 in a new custom folder i.e E:\PCSX2 and while you run PCSX2 for the first time then in the Configuration wizard just make sure to select your current directory in ini storage.