Bluestacks Error 1406 While Installing Bluestacks Fix: Bluestacks is one of the best Android emulator for Windows PC or Mac. Bluestacks allows the users to run their favorite Android apps and games on their Windows PC or Mac. However, at times Bluestacks throws some annoying errors to the users while the user is trying to install Bluestacks on their PC and one such error is Bluestacks error 1406. This error usually occurs when you try to make fresh install of Bluestacks on your PC. Now there are several methods to fix this error in Bluestacks including modifying registry, installing in clean boot state etc. Follow below given method to fix this error in Bluestacks.
Bluestacks Error 1406 While Installing Bluestacks : Best Fixes
Method 1: Install Bluestacks as Administrator
This should be the first and the easiest fix for Bluestacks error 1406. Instead of directly trying to install Bluetstacks, right click on it and run / open as administrator. If this resolves the issue, then you don’t need to follow rest of the methods. At times the error occurs only because the app requires administrative rights to be installed properly.
Method 2: Install Bluestacks in Clean Boot State
If the first method didn’t work for you then you can try installing Bluetstacks in Clean boot state to fix Bluestacks Error 1406. Here is how to do it.
Windows 7 / XP / Vista users:
- Login to your computer as administrator. Then click on Start, type Msconfig.exe and open it. Next, click on General tab > Select Startup Option > Clear the load startup option.
- Next click on Service > Hide all Microsoft Services > Disable all > OK.
Windows 8 / 8.1 users:
- Search, type Msconfig and open it. Next go to General tab > Select Startup option, clear Load Startup item.
- Next click on Service Tab > Hide al Microsoft services and disable all
- Next click on Startup tab in task manager, select each startup item and click disable.
- Click on OK to restart the PC.
Now try to reinstall Bluestacks and see if the error has been resolved.
Method 3: Provide Full Permission to Run Bluestacks
Sometime you need to provide full permission to software to install properly on your PC, which is limited by default. You can provide full permission to run Bluestacks by using the registry editor. Here is how to fix Bluestacks error 1406 in PC.
- Open Registry editor. To do this type regedit in the search bar, or press Windows Key + R, type Regedit in the run window and hit enter.
- In the Registry Editor window, right click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and select Permissions
- Next, click on Add button and type “Everyone” in the select users or groups window. Click OK to save the settings.
- Now under Group or User names select your newly created “Everyone” account
- In permission, select “Full Control” for allow column and click on OK to save the settings.
- Now you have to locate “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software” and “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup
- Once located, delete “InstanceComponentSet#”
Once done, now try to install Bluestacks again and see if this resolves your error. So this was about how you can fix the Bluestacks error 1406 while installing bluestacks. Do let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.