Fix Windows Could Not Find the Recovery Environment Insert your Windows installation or recovery media, and restart your PC with the media : For a long time I was facing slow performance issues with my Windows 8.1 HP Envy laptop and still after trying various optimization techniques I wasn’t able to get optimum performance as it used to deliver at the time of purchase so finally I decided to Refresh My Windows 8.1 system. This was not the first time I was performing the Refresh setting I used it earlier also on the same laptop in order to fix some minor WiFi Driver Issue so I was ready for the Refresh procedure. The good news about Refresh option is that all your files or saved data remains intact so you don’t have to worry about losing your valuable data from your system. Learn how to fix Windows 8.1 could not find the recovery environment.
Therefore I went to Windows 8.1 Recovery options and clicked on Get Started Under “Refresh Your PC without affecting your files” section but I was surprised to see that it wasn’t allowing me to Refresh my system as it was generating an error which says “Could not find the recovery environment”. So I opened My Computer to check the Recovery drive which was there occupying space in GB’s but wasn’t showing all the files in that drive so I was bit tensed but after searching over Internet I was able to fix the issue. You can easily find solutions to different errors but to find the exact working solution for this Windows Could Not Find the Recovery Environment was really difficult that costed around 2-3hrs of my valuable time but atlast I was able to fix the issue and therefore as part of sharing information here I am going to share how to fix Windows Could not Find the Recovery Environment Error in Windows 8.1 easily by following the below given steps. The solution works for all the laptops i.e HP, Asus, Acer, Samsung, Dell, Lenovo, MSI etc.
How to fix Windows Could not Find the Recovery Environment Error : Steps to Follow
As I said above this one of the most rarest errors that users face and so solutions over Internet are also limited. But before we proceed further it is better to know possible reasons for facing Windows Could not Find the Recovery Environment Error. The same solution also applies for Windows 8 could not find the recovery environment or Windows 10 could not find the recovery environment error.
Reasons for Facing Windows Could not Find the Recovery Environment Error :
Well the reason for facing Windows could not find recovery environment error lies deep within the partitions operation so I can’t tell you the proper reason in detail but what I can tell you is that this error results from Wiping or Clearing your Partition data via using some third party partition manager tools or CCLEANER Wipe Free disk space feature. I performed the CCLEANER Wipe Free disk space and the result was this error.
Steps to Follow :
- First of all Run Command Prompt via RUN Command box and typing CMD there and Hit Enter.
- In Command prompt type the command reagentc and if you see the “Operation Failed:3” message then there has been issue with your Recovery partition and you need to fix it by following the below given steps.
- Open Command Prompt box with Run As Administrator Priviliges and type the following commands one by one.
select disk 0
- This will now show you all your Hard disk partitions as shown below in the screen shot.
- Now you need to select the partition with Recovery Name and to select the partition type the following command.
select partition # (Replace # with 1,2,3…etc depending upon your CMD Screen in the above screen shot the partition is 1 so if you too see partition 1 as your Recovery Partition then replace # with 1)
Note : Important
If your CMD shows more than one Recovery partition then you need to select each of your Recovery partition and set their id to the above command.
- That’s it now you can again open your CMD and check the reagentc command and this type you would see the Operation Successful message.
- Now you can go to your Windows Recovery Options and select Get Started Under Refresh section and I bet you won’t face the same error again and you would be able to proceed with Refreshing your system at ease.