Yesterday While working on my newly purchased HP Envy J120TX Laptop running on Windows 8.1 x64 OS I noticed that my laptop HP SimplePass finger sensor was not working anymore which caused a little bit tension initially but I was sure that it might be some driver or windows issue rather than being a hardware issue because it was working absolutely fine before yesterday. The most surprising fact was that whenever i tried to run HP SimplePass i was left with facing “A referral was returned from the server error” C:\Program files\Hewlett-Packard\Simplepass\HPSmplPass.exe which made me sure that it is definitely a software issue and therefore i tried reinstalling HP Simple Pass software but still the results were same HP SimplePass A referral was returned from the server error and therefore i tried searching over different forums and finally got a working fix for HP SimplePass A referral was returned from the server error that i have shared below.
Though I have not been able to find the exact reason for the issue but i have noticed that there are several other users out there found reporting on HP forums about this error recently. Read below step by step guide on How to fix HP SimplePass A referral was returned from the Server error.
How to Fix HP SimplePass A referral was returned from the Server ?
- Go to HP Drivers download page and Enter your laptop model number.
- Select your laptop model and select your Windows OS as shown below.
- Click on next button and scroll down, expand Software – Security section and download HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software version 8.01.11 as shown below.
- Install HP Simple Pass Identity Protection and Restart your system.
- That’s it now your finger sensor will start working.
Supported Searches :
- HP laptop finger sensor not working
- HP SimplePass Error not working
- HP Envy, HP Pavilion finger print reader sensor not working