We normally keep on updating ourselves with latest news, technologies, current happenings and even our home or surroundings with latest gadgets, tools etc time to time but while keeping a pace with the changing world most of the users often forget to update their windows and its associated functions, drivers etc or try to be ignorant at these steps which is quite disappointing and moreover affects the productivity also since there is a direct effect on the performance of your system. Though it is ok to understand that you can’t keep changing your system hardware frequently because of the large expenses involved but it is strongly advisable that you should at least try to be updated with the latest software versions or windows drivers as they directly affects your overall system performance. Therefore noting the importance of Updating drivers and its direct effect on the system performance today here I am going to tell how to update your graphics driver in Windows which is considered as one of the most crucial update for very system user so let’s have a brief discussion about the benefits that you avail after updating your graphics driver version. Read below more on How to Update your graphics driver in Windows.
Benefits of Updating your Graphics Driver :
- Updating Graphics driver is not only meant for getting stability as in case of motherboard, bios, sound card drivers etc but it does improves your system performance drastically.
- You get the best support and higher performance for all multimedia graphics rich applications like Adobe Photoshop, video editing and nevertheless GAMING.
- If you are a gamer no matter casual or hard gamer you should always stay updated with the latest graphics version because many times the latest graphics drivers comes with special added support for latest games or fixed bugs etc which can be really beneficial for you improving the graphics quality as well as the frame rates.
How to Update Your Graphics Driver in Windows 8.1/7/XP : Steps to Follow
As we know that there are currently three popular graphics providers that are Intel Graphics, nVidia and AMD Graphics so depending upon the graphics provider the updating procedure varies therefore here below I have covered the step by step procedure for all the three graphics providers.
Important : Identifying your Graphics Driver
- First of all you need to identify your graphics chipset provider among the three Intel, nVidia and AMD graphics solutions. To check your Graphics Driver just follow the below given steps.
- Open Device Manager and to do so Run Command box by pressing Windows + R Button together.
- Here type the command devmgmt.msc as shown below and Hit Enter
- Here now expand the Display Adapters and there you would be able to see your Graphics chipset name or version.
Note – Here you can seen in the above screenshot the Graphics chipset is of AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Updating your Graphics Driver :
Now after Identifying your Graphics you just need to visit the following links as per your chipset provider and from there you can download your respective graphics driver by selecting your chipset name as displayed in the device manger -> display adapter section.
Update AMD Radeon Driver