Fix Something Went Wrong Error in Office 2013: Microsoft Office 2013, the successor to the Microsoft Office 2010 was released in 2012 and was a success which is the case with almost every Microsoft Office release. The latest version of Microsoft Office 2016 and is the improved version of Microsoft Office 2013. The Microsoft Office suite has been the most successful Microsoft Office product after Windows and even after a decade of the release the Office suite continues to dominate the office suite market. At the time of writing this, there are no office suites available for any device that can dethrone Microsoft Office. If you are a Microsoft Office user, then you would know how well it works. But, there is one thing that can annoy you, and that is something went wrong errors in Office 2013 at the time of installation. No software is immune to errors and Microsoft Office is no different here. So, in this article we will be showing you how to fix something went wrong error in Office 2013 while installing it on the PC. Read below how to fix something went wrong error in Office 2013 while installing.
There are no major errors in Microsoft Office 2013, but occasionally you will face “Something went wrong” error in 2013. The error may occur anytime, even if you are just installing the Microsoft Office 2013 on your PC. In this article, I have made the list of most of the common something went wrong error in Office 2013 and also provided some fixes from them. If you don’t find your something went wrong error in Office 2013 listed here, do let us know about the error in the comment section below. Check below resolution on how to fix something went wrong error in office 2013 while installing.
Fix Something Went Wrong Errors in Office 2013 While Installing
Before you try to proceed to the fixes, make sure that you have read the error description. Else you may end up trying a fix not suggested for your error. So, let’s get started.
Fix Something Went Wrong Error in Office 2013 While Installing Office 2013
So, you downloaded the Office 2013 installation file and tried to install it on your PC. But, couldn’t get it installed and are facing an error “Something went wrong. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Try going online for additional help”? This is a common Office 2013 error can be resolved easily.
1 – Uninstall Corrupted Installation – If you are unable to install Microsoft Office 2013 on your computer and are getting the something went wrong error then the problem could be a corrupted Office installation files on the Computer. To remove the corrupted installation file, you may need to use Microsoft Fix it tool. Here is how to do it.
- Click on Control, and open Programs and then on Programs and features. Now look for the Office 2013 installation files installed. If you see any installation file, then remove it by uninstalling it. If you are unable to remove the installation file, then use Fix it tool.
- Download the Fix it tools from Microsoft here. Once downloaded the tool, run it and it should remove the corrupted Office 2013 installation file. Once removed, try to download the Office 2013 again or run the already downloaded Office 2013 installer and see if you can install Office 2013 on your computer.
2 – Install Office 2013 using Clean Boot – If the above method didn’t work for you then you can try installing the Microsoft Office 2013. To install Microsoft Office 2013 through Clean Boot follow these steps.
- Log in to your computer as Administrator. Open Search and type “Msconfig”. From the search result, click msconfig to open System Configuration.
- In System Configuration window click on Services Tab and at the bottom check “Hide all Microsoft services”. Next, in the same window, at the bottom right-click on Disable all.
Note: “Disable all” will disable all the services except Microsoft Services which are essential to keep your computer running. So, make sure that you check “Hide all Microsoft services” box before clicking on “Disable all” button.
- Now click on Startup tab, select open Task manager. In the Task Manager window, click on Startup tab, and disable all the services one by one after selecting them. Select one service and click on the “Disable” button. Do this for all the services.
- Now go back to System Configuration window, click on Startup tab and click on OK. Restart your computer now and you should clean boot. After the computer restarts, try to install Microsoft Office 2013. This time you should be able to install Microsoft Office 2013 without any errors.
So, this was about how to fix Something went wrong error in Office 2013 while installing it. Do let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.