How to Install CWM Lenovo K4 Note / Rooting Lenovo K4 Note: Lenovo K4 Note was the company’s call to the ever growing demand for large screen smartphones in the budget segment. The K3 Note just provides what the users have been asking. The Lenovo K4 Note runs on Android OS and the good thing about running Android OS that you can root your phone to gain full access over it. Rooting your Android phone such as Lenovo K3 Note would allow you to install custom ROMs and upgrades.
So, today, in this post we will be showing you how to root Lenovo K4 Note and install CWM. Before you proceed, do read the note section below.
Note: Rooting your Lenovo K4 Note involves the risk of bricking it. Rooting your phone will also void its warranty. Do follow these steps at your own risk.
How to Install CWM Lenovo K4 Note : Rooting K4 Note
- Enable USB Debugging in Lenovo K4 Note. Go to Settings > About Phone > Device Info and tap on build number 7 times. Go to Settings again, tap on Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
- Take complete backup of your data in the phone and Make sure you have 100 battery before you proceed on further with rooting your Lenovo K4 Note.
- Now connect your phone to PC using the USB cable. Once your phone shows up in the PC download the following. Set up ADB and Fastboot driver on your PC. You can do it from here.
Download below given files to your PC :
- Now extract the files you downloaded to your PC and keep it in a folder. Now copy the file recover.img to C: program files Minimal ADB and Fastboot Directory.
- Open the directory C: program files ADB and Fastboot directory. Press and hold the Shift key and then right-click on the empty space and select Open command window here.
- In the command window, type “adb devices” (without quotes). Now type “adb reboot bootlaoder”. This will reboot your device into Bootloader. Next, type “fastboot boot flash recovery.img” At last type “fastboot reboot”.
- Once you have successfully installed CWM on your Lenovo K3 Note, follow below steps to root it.
Root Lenovo K4 Note : Steps to Follow Carefully
- Download the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file to your PC. Copy the downloaded file to the root folder of your SD card. Open command prompt, and type “adb reboot recovery”
- Once you are in the Recovery Mode, chose install from SD card and choose Root-supersu-v2.37.zip. To select it, use th volume download and up button. Press the lock button to select it.
- Once the device is rooted, you can reboot your device. There you go! You have successfully installed CWM Lenovo K4 Note and rooted the Lenovo K4 Note. Do let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.