Unfortunately Touchwiz Home has Stopped error is one of the most common error faced by Samsung Galaxy series smartphone’s. What actually happens is that first the user android device gets unresponsive and shortly after then, the user receives a pop up message stating error message “Unfortunately, Touchwiz Home has Stopped” which then stops and results into a restart. This error is not like “Unfortunately the app has stopped working” rather it is a very different one and requires a different approach for resolving the issue.
When Does Unfortunately Touchwiz Home has Stopped Error Occurs ?
Usually as per most of the user experiences with Samsung android device it has been found that this issue is most prominent when the user tries to switch from one app to another or while switching between apps and homescreen. In rare cases due to overusage of Memory users face this error.
How to Fix Unfortunately Touchwiz Home has Stopped Error – Best Fixes
Fix – 1 : Soft Reset your Android Device
If you are facing the issue for the first time then you can try a simple soft reset on your samsung device and to do that just follow the below given steps :
- Remove your Phone battery while your Samsung device state is in active mode i.e. ON State
- After removing the battery just press Power button for minimum 30 seconds and then place your battery again in your device and Turn on your Samsung device.
- That’s it you are done and now check if you face the same issue again or not. If face then proceed on with the below given alternative fixes.
*What actually soft reset does is that it tries to clear your phone memory by draining the capacitors stored electricity.
Fix – 2: Try Clearing Touchwiz Cache & Data
- Open your Samsung android device settings -> Scroll to Applications -> Tap on Application manager and select ALL -> There you will find Touchwiz -> Just Tap on Touchwiz which will then show you the options to clear Touchwiz cache and data.
- Just Tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data which will then clear all your Touchwiz cache and data. Once done then try to navigate between your apps and homescreen and check if you face the same issue again or not.
Fix – 3: Wiping your Cache Partition
If after trying the above mentioned fixes you still face the Touchwiz issue then you are left with only Wiping cache partition and hard reset your Samsung Galaxy device. Read below How to Wipe Cache partition in Samsung Galaxy devices.
- First of all you need to Turn off your Samsung device -> Then just press and hold the three buttons i.e. Volume Up Key, Home key and Power key.
- When your phone starts vibrating then you need to release the Power key button but keep on holding the Home key and Volume Up key button.
- Then shortly you will see Android system recovery screen and then just release the volume up and home key.
- Navigate to the ‘Wipe cache partition’ by pressing the Volume down key and Press the Power key to select.
- Once the ‘Wipe cache partition is complete’ you need to Reboot your system and to do so you can press the Power button.
*If nothing of the above mentioned step works out then you can try Factory reset / Hard reset on your samsung device as your last step.
Supported Searches :
unfortunately touchwiz home has stopped s4, unfortunately touchwiz home has stopped s5, unfortunately touchwiz home has stopped note, unfortunately touchwiz home has stopped working, unfortunately touchwiz home has stopped android, accuweather, calendar, galaxy note 2, galaxy jelly bean, galaxy s duos, tab 4