VPN means Virtual Private Network which is basically a process of establishing a Virtual Connection between two points by using dedicated connection or Encryption or both of them.It allows the sharing of the resources present in the Private network to be extended upto Public network for example Internet.A virtual Private Network allows sharing of data and resources across Public Network by making them visible as a Private network with all the basic Functionalities of Private network so as to ensure full security of the data shared across the network.It is technically a Wide area Network but because of its visibility as a Private Network it is termed as Virtual Private Network Learn More About VPN From here Microsoft Windows 7 Provides you to create or setup your own VPN(Virtual Private Network). Make sure to have a Router to connect to Internet with Permissions to add Port Forwarding in the Router Settings Learn How to Do Port Forwarding From Here So here is step by step guide on How to Setup a VPN Server in Windows 7
How to Setup a VPN Server in Windows 7 : Steps to Follow
- First of all Go to Control Panel and there Click ON Network and Internet.After that Click on Network and Sharing Center and On the left hand side You will see an option Change Adapter Settings and Click on that Option.It will show you all the connection list to which your Computer or PC is connected at that time.
- Now in the Connections Window you will see Menu bar having Option like File , Edit , View , Tools etc If you Don’t See File Options then Press ALT an it will show you File Option as shown below
- Click on File and Select New Incoming Connection and it will ask you to select the person that you want to give access to.If you want to Give access to yourself you can choose from ADMINISTRATOR or YOUR OWN Account
- After Selecting the Account Click next and it will ask you how will people connect and Select Through the Internet as shown below
- Now it will ask you to select the Networking software Tick mark Internet Protocol Version 4 and other choices according to your needs as shown below
- Click Allow Access and it will take some time to Initialize and then it will tell you the name of the connection.Please Note down the name of Connection for future needs.
- You will be taken back to the original Connections Screen where you see a new Connection with name “Incoming Connection“
- The last and Most Important thing you need to do is to do Port Forwarding for your Router . You have to Port Forward the Port 1723( It is the Port that VPN uses to connect ) and Point that Port to Your IP Address ( You can get your IP Address by typing “ipconfig” in cmd (Command Prompt) Learn How to do Port Forwarding From Here