Enable Metered Connection in Windows 10/8.1/8 Save Internet Data: Windows 10 was released for public use few months ago and after the release the OS has been installed on Millions of PCs around the world. The Windows 10 comes with several new features, but one feature which you would find similar in Windows 8 / 8.1 and Windows 10 running PC would be the ability to set metered connection in Windows 10. Enabling the metered connection in Windows 10 makes sure that you don’t exceed the amount of bandwidth allocated by your ISP (internet service provider) and avoid a big hefty shocking bill at the end of the month.
Similar to Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, the Windows 10 also comes with a feature to set internet data usage limit. There are several apps available for Windows platform which can do the task of setting metered internet connection. However, having a native and inbuilt internet data usage setting feature is always welcome.
Now if you are looking for a way to set internet data usage limit or enable metered connection in Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 PC, here is a guide on how to do it. Do note that we have used Windows 10 for this guide, but the procedure for the Windows version should be similar. So, if you are using Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, feel free to follow the same steps.
Enable Metered Connection in Windows 10/8.1/8 Save Internet Data : Steps to Follow
Step 1: Open Internet Settings
- There are two ways to open Internet Settings in Windows 10. First click on Action Center icon on the bottom of your task bar and click on all Settings.
- If not, click on start button and click on Settings and Once you are in the Settings window, click on Network and Internet.
- Click on the Data Usage tab to open the Overview section and there look for Data usage limit section and click on Set Limit button.
Step 2: Set Internet Data Usage Limit
- Under the Limit Type select “Monthly” and Set your monthly reset date, monthly data limit and Unit (Which should be MB if less than 1GB else set it in terms of GB).
- Click on Save button to save the settings and That’s it. You have successfully set metered connection in Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 PCs. Do let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.