Android Lollipop is the recent edition to the Android OS series after Kitkat that has already begun its journey towards android devices and can be easily found in most of the latest versions of smartphone’s including the old Nexus 5 as well as Motorola Moto G. Though for Motorola Moto G the lollipop update is still in rolling face in which some users have already got the update whereas some users are still to receive the update. Since the release of Android lollipop there has been mixed reviews from the users both satisfying and unsatisfying. Some users are seen quite happy and appreciating the lollipop update whereas some users were found dissapointed because of few bugs and the all new designed user interface. Therefore if you are the one having difficulty while using Android lollipop and looking for a way to switch back to Android Kitkat 4.4 then you don’t need to worry anymore because here I have mentioned complete step by step tutorial on how to downgrade lollipop to kitkat.
How to Downgrade Lollipop to Kitkat on Nexus 5 / Moto G: Steps to Follow
Downgrading lollipop to Kitkat is not that difficult process and is quite a simple process all you need is patience and your keen efforts. Therefore just follow the below given steps carefully and please read the below given Warning before proceeding.
Warning : Important
- Make sure to take a backup of your apps and data before proceeding because this process is going to wipe all your internal phone data.
Procedure : Steps to Implement
- First of all you need to download the Factory Image of Android Kitkat 4.4.4 for your Nexus 5
Note : Important
The Procedure mentioned here is based on Nexus 5 and therefore the same steps applies for all other devices except for the Step 1 in which you need to download the Factory Image of Android Kitkat 4.4.4 as per your Android device
- Next you need to download ADB Tools on your system if you don’t already have it with you.
- Move the downloaded factory Image file to ADB Tools folder and extract the contents of Factory image there with the help of Winzip or Winrar
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your Nexus device and to do so you can read the article How to Enable USB Debugging mode on Android device
- You need to Unlock the Bootloader of your Nexus 5 device and to do you can read the article How to Unclock Bootloader on Nexus 5
- Turn off your Nexus device and Press Power button along with Volume down button to enable fastboot mode.
- Navigate to Recovery mode by proper selection with the help of Volume up and down keys.
- Here Scroll down to “wipe cache partition” and hit the power button to confirm your selection.
- Again Scroll down to “wipe data/factory reset” and hit the power button to confirm your selection.
- Connect your Nexus device to your system with the help of USB Cable.
- Open the ADB Tools folder and look for flash-all.bat file there and double click on it.
That’s it now your nexus device will be flashed with the Android Kitkat 4.4.4 Version and you can now enjoy using Android Kitkat 4.4.4 once again on your smartphone.
Supported Searches :
- How to downgrade lollipop to kitkat on nexus 4
- How to downgrade lollipop to kitkat on nexus 7
- How to downgrade lollipop to kitkat on moto g