Recently While Installing Some YouTube Scripts on Google Chrome Web Browser I Ended up facing ‘Apps,Extensions and User Scripts Cannot be added from this website’ Error and I was stuck in the Middle of Nowhere therefore I Searched for this ‘Apps,Extensions and User Scripts Cannot be added from this website’ on Internet and Found of that Most of the Users are facing the same issue while Installing Scripts from third party sites like userscripts.org and other script providing sites.By Default due to Security Reasons Google Chrome doesn’t provide Script Installation from Unknown Websites or Third party Sites like Mozilla Firefox does which means you can install scripts available within the Official Google Chrome Web Store.If you have Used Mozilla firefox then you might be aware of the fact that There are no restrictions in Installing Scripts from Unknown websites in Firefox But Don’t get disheartened if you are Using Google Chrome because Here I Giving you a Very Simple Solution that will enable you to Install Apps,Extensions and User Scripts from Third Party or Unknown sites without any issues.
Note – Google Chrome Implemented this feature due to Security Reasons in order to Prevent Your Web Browser From Malicious or Suspicious activities because of Most of the Scripts are malicious which can harm or leak your Personal Information to Hackers therefore make sure that you are installing Only Trusted Scripts.
Apps,Extensions and User Scripts Cannot be Added from this website – FIXED
Solution – 1 : Simple and Easy
This is the Best and Easiest Method to Get Rid of this Annoying Error that prevents you from installing your favorite scripts on Google Chrome.Have a Look at the below given instructions and you will be free from this Error Forever.By Using this method you will basically enable off-site installations Function in Your Google Chrome Web Browser.
How to Enable Off-Site Installations Google Chrome :
- Go to the Google Chrome Shortcut and Right Click -> Properties.
- Here in the Target Field Add this Parameter –enable-easy-off-store-extension-install as shown below.
- Now Open Your Google Chrome with this Shortcut whenever you want to Install Scripts from Third party sites or Outside from Google Chrome Web store.
- That’s all and You are all done.
Solution – 2 : Drag and Drop Option
- First of Download or Save the User Script in Your PC.
- Open Google Chrome and Go to chrome://extensions/
Alternatively – Click on the Wrench Icon at the Top and Select Settings -> Extensions
- Here Drag and Drop the Script to Install.
- Here Enable the Script and You are done.