MTNL(Mahanagar Telecom Nigam Limited) and BSNL(Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) are the top leading Internet Broadband service providers in India where MTNL provides Internet Service in two circles which includes Delhi and Mumbai only and the rest of India is covered by BSNL.Apart from providing direct Cable Broadband services they also provides Landline or Wireless phone connectivity as well as provides Data Card 2G/3G High speed Internet Connectivity designed for users who often travel while working.
How to Increase MTNL or BSNL Broadband Speed – Usually the Internet Speed from both these service providers is limited as per the Internet Plan opted by you but still it is often observed that most of the users didn’t get the same promising Internet Browsing and downloading speed as offered by the companies therefore if you are one of the users facing the same issue then this post might prove useful for you.Just go through this article to Learn How to Increase MTNL or BSNL Broadband speed.
Note Important :
You must keep in mind that you can’t exceed your internet speed beyond the speed plan selected by you as it is locked from the company side so this post will be effective for only those who are not getting the same actual speed as provided by the company as per their selected Internet Broadband Plan.
Therefore Never try to buy or download software’s that claims to increase or boost your Internet Speed by 200% or double-triple as seen in advertisements because most of them are fake or spam and contains viruses which could rather prove harmful for your pc instead of Increasing your internet speed since there is no such software that can increase your internet speed beyond the bandwidth or speed provided by your Internet Service Provider.Read below on How to Increase MTNL or BSNL Broadband Speed.
How to Increase MTNL or BSNL Broadband Speed – 3 Different Ways
Method 1 – By Unallocating the Reserved Bandwidth :
Usually Microsoft Windows by default reserves 20% of the Internet bandwidth for its self use or future needs in each of its Operating system including the latest Windows 8 too which means that if we deallocate this reserved bandwidth to 0% then it will definitely help in improving the current Internet browsing and downloading speed.So here below is a detailed instruction guide on how to free the reserved bandwidth from 20% to 0%.
- Open Your Windows Local Group Policy Editor by typing gpedit.msc command in RUN Box.
Note – If you get an error like Windows cannot find ‘gpedit.msc’ then don’t worry it happens if you are having basic home or starter version of Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 just follow the Instruction given in the below link to fix this error and open Group policy editor without any further issues.
- Now Go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> QOS Packet Scheduler as shown below in the Image.
- Under QOS Packet Scheduler You Will See a Setting With Name ‘Limit Reservable Bandwidth‘ Perform a Right Click on that and Select Properties or Else Double Click on that.
- Initially You Will See this Setting as Not Configured which seems Weird but by Default Windows Reserves that 20% Bandwidth therefore Check the Box Enabled and Set the Bandwidth Limit to 0% as shown below in the Image.
- That’s it and you have successfully deallocated the reserved bandwidth.
Method – 2 : By Changing the DNS Address
This is one of the most proven method to improve the Internet Browsing and downloading speed by changing and using different Open DNS Address.
- Go to Your Network Adapter Settings and Select TCP/IP and there in DNS Field Enter the below given DNS Addresses.
- Preferred DNS – 184.108.40.206
- Alternate DNS – 220.127.116.11
You can use the below Google DNS Addresses
- Preferred DNS – 18.104.22.168
- Alternate DNS – 22.214.171.124
Method – 3 : Using TCP/IP Optimizer
You can also use trusted free third party software’s to Increase your Internet speed and TCP/IP Optimizer is one of them a free to use software that works by optimizing your TCP/IP Configuration settings so as you get the most out of your Internet.
- First of all Download TCP Optimizer and Install it on Your System – Download Link
Note – It is an .exe File therefore No Need For Installation Process.
- Start TCP Optimizer and Go to General Settings.Here Move the Internet Speed Slider to 1MB or upto the Speed Provided by Your Internet Service Provider.
- After Fixing the Slider Position to Desired Speed Check Mark the Optimal Box as shown below.
- Now a New Window Will Pop Up Asking to Apply Changes and There Just Check Mark the Backup Option and Click Ok as Shown below in the Image.
Note – After Using TCP Optimizer if you Feel that it has Decreased Your Internet Speed instead of Increasing then You Can Easily Restore back it to your original Settings by Using the Backup that You Have Created in the SG TCP Optimizer.To Restore it to Default Run TCP Optimizer then Click File and Select Restore Backed up Settings and Select the Saved Backup File and Your System Will be Stored Back to its Original State
- Now Restart Your Computer so that new effects can take Place.
- That’s all and Your are all Done Enjoy Lightning Fast Internet Speed on Your Data Cards.
Related Keywords :
- How to Increase MTNL Broadband Speed.
- How to Increase BSNL Broadband Speed.