Microsoft Windows 8 by Default Installs all the Windows Stores Apps in the Folder “Windows Apps” and thus Increasing Hard disk Space at the System Partition.So Today Here in this Post I am Going to tell you How to change the default install location of Windows Store Apps by tweaking Windows Registry Settings so that you can easily Install Windows Store Apps on your Desired Location.Here below is a Step by Step Guide on How to change the default install location of Windows Store Apps.
Note - Before Changing the Default Install Location Read the Drawbacks of Changing the Location
How to Change the default Install location of Windows Store Apps
- First of all You need to Open Windows Registry Editor therefore to Open it Press Windows + R and type ‘regedit’ in the RUN Dialog Box.
- Now Search For the Following Key
- On the Right Hand Side You will See a List of Different String Keys and From there Select the Key ‘Package Root’.
- Double Click on the Key ‘Package Root’ and there You can Change the Default Location of Windows Store Apps as Shown below in the Image.
- Therefore After-taking Full Ownership and Required Permissions of the Key Change the Location to Your Desired Location.
- That’s all and You are all Done and You have Successfully Changed the Default Install Location of Windows Store Apps.
Note – Limitations and Drawbacks
There is a Major Limitation of Using this Method to Change the Default Install Location of Windows Store Apps because of the Previously Installed Apps as they have their Original Data in the Default Location therefore Updating the Previously Installed Apps Will Produce an Error.So to Avoid this Limitation You have to Reinstall those Apps to the Newly Assigned Location.