Playing games on Sony Play station 2 is an amazing experience that brings joy to life and adds extra fun in your life where you get to play almost all the latest game titles without having any issues but have you ever tried of running PS2 Games on your pc or laptop ? – Surprised!!! Yeah you can enjoy all the famous game titles available in Sony PS2 on your PC though there is no doubt in saying that you can’t get the same buttery smooth gaming experience while playing PS2 games on your PC but it is quite worth trying if you can’t afford to buy Sony PS2 only for playing game titles like Burnout Series, WWE Raw vs Smackdown, God of war which are not officially available or released for Windows PC. Therefore if you are looking for a way to play these famous game titles on your system then this is absolutely the right post that you are looking for a while. So here below is a detailed guide on How to Play PS2 Games on PC or Laptop Using Free PS2 Emulators.
Minimum System Requirements :
- Intel Core 2 Duo or Higher Series Processor ( i5 or i7 Recommended)
- Atleast 2GB of RAM ( 4GB Recommended)
- Atleast 512 MB Nvidia or ATI Graphics Card (1GB or Higher Recommended)
- Latest DirectX Installed on your system – You can update it using DirectX Web Installer (Included in the below PCSX2 Installer file)
- Sony PS2 Game DVD or ISO File which you want to play on PC.
- Operating System – Windows 7/8/XP/Vista
Note – The above given specifications are the minimum criteria for running for PS2 games on PC therefore if you want to have faster and high speed gaming performance it is better to have the Recommended configuration based Windows PC or Laptop.
How to Play PS2 Games on PC or Laptop – Steps to Follow
Here we are going to play ps2 games on your pc or laptop using a free yet popular PS2 Emulator called PCSX2 which allows you to play almost every PS2 Game title on Windows PC without any issues until your system meets the minimum hardware specifications required to run the game smoothly.So now lets move onto the Installation and Setup guide for PCSX2 Emulator to play PS2 games on your computer.
Step – 1 : Installation
- First of all download the latest PCSX2 Emulator from here – Download link
- After downloading simply Install PCSX2 on your system.
Note – While Installing you can uncheck the box Directx Web if you are quite sure that you have the latest directx already installed on your system.
- Now you need certain BIOS files for the PCSX2 Emulator which are already included in the above PCSX2 Installer.
- From there just Copy and paste the extracted BIOS files in My Documents within PCSX2 bios folder.
Step 2 – Configuration :
- Run PCSX2 Application .exe file and when you run it for the first time it will ask you for the First time configuration.
- Click on next and you will be shown different plugins with their settings as shown below.
- Here Use the Following Plugin Settings as given below.
Note – You can also change these settings later if you want to so there is no hard and fast rule that you have to configure the plugins at the present time.
1 – GS
- Select any GSdx 5875 version and Click on Configure if you want to make changes in Graphics settings.
Note – Set Interlacing to NONE for clear graphics.
2 – PAD
- Select Lilypad and Click on Configure to assign keyboard controls where you can select from PAD 1 and PAD 2 and configure the keys.
3 – SPU 2
- Select SPU 2-X R5830 and click on configure if you want to make changes in sound effects by default the settings are quite good so there is no such need to alter them.
4 – CDVD
- Select Linuz ISO CDVD which will allow you to select and mount the ISO of the game which you want to run.
For USB / FW / DEV9 – Use the default plugins no need to select or configure.
- After configuring all the plugins click on next and you will be asked for BIOS Configuration.
- Click on refresh list after making sure that you have copied the BIOS Files inside the PCSX2 bios folder located at My Documents.
- You will displayed with Different BIOS Versions and here select EUROPE v2.0 as shown below.
- Click on Finish and you are all done.
Step 3 – Playing :
- To play the game Click on CDVD -> ISO Selector -> Browse and Select the location of the Game ISO
- Go to System -> Boot CDVD (fast) in order to RUN the game.
- That’s all and you are all done.