Like VLC is the king of all the Windows media players MX player is the king of all the android based media players. MX player is the best way to play and enjoy all your favorite videos or watch movies. MX player combines the power of Hardware acceleration providing a complete smooth lag free video watching experience even while playing HD or full HD videos at low specs. MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding where test results have proved that dual-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices. MX player has got support for a variety of subtitle file formats.
MX Player Error AC3 Not Supported Fix : Well as of now MX Player has brought few changes in their recent app update that has created a buzz over the internet regarding AC3 format support that has been now removed officially from the MX Player don’t know the exact reason but there talks about some license issues. Due to the removal of these MX Player DTS and Dolby AC3 audio codecs users are not able to hear the audio while running the AC3 or MLP tracks though the video is playing well. So if you are the one having the same issue while playing video or audio files via MX player then you can simply go through the following given instructions on how to fix AC3 not supported error MX Player.
MX Player Error AC3 Not Supported Fix for Android : Best Ways
How to fix AC3 Not Supported Error MX Player : Steps to Follow
In order to fix MX Player AC3 Not supported error you need to manually install specific audio codes on your smartphone as per your device platform which you can check from MX Player settings or else you can download the complete codec pack so just follow the below stey by step instructions on fixing AC3 not supported MX Player error.
- Open MX Player and Go to Settings -> Decoder -> Scroll down to bottom and Custom Codec which will show your codec platform.
- Now you can either download the codec of your device alone or you can download the complete codec pack.
- Here below I have provided few popular codecs that your device may be using which you can download or else can choose the complete codec pack.
Arm v7-Neon , Arm v7-Tegra3 , Arm v7-Tegra , Arm v6 VFP , Arm v6 , Arm v5TE , x86MIPS
Complete Codec Pack
- That’s it now move the downloaded zip file to your phone memory either internal or external doesn’t matter.
- Now again Open MX Player and Go to Settings -> Decoder -> Scroll down to bottom and here tap on Custom Codec which will then give you an option to select the downloaded codec file.
- That’s it if you have selected the right codec MX player will automatically restart or else if fails it will show “Can’t find custom codec for this version”.
- After the codecs have been loaded successfully just select SW decoder for audio files when playing any of AC3, MLP, DTS or Dolby videos or select HW+ or SW Decoder for complete Playback.