Samsung has recently announced the Exynos 9 9180 SoC Processor, which is to be used in the Galaxy S9 series of Samsung Smartphones.
Specifications & Features of the Exynos 9 9180 SoC
- 200% Faster Single Threaded Performance compared to Exynos 8.
- 40% Faster Multi Threaded Performance compared to Exynos 8.
- 2.9GHz Quad-Core Custom CPU) + 1.9GHz Quad-Core Cortex A55 CPU
- 10nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFET Manufacturing Process which gives a 15% Decrease in Power Consumption over the 10nm LPE (Low Power Early) process.
- 20% Faster Graphics Performance (The SoC will be using the Mali G72MP8 Graphics Processor)
- 4K UHD (4096×2160) and WQUXGA (2400×3840) Display Resolution Support.
- 4K UHD Video Recording at 120FPS.
- DEPTH SENSING CAMERA support to scan a user’s face in 3D for face tracking & recogntion features – This could be as good as Apple’s Face ID!
- 32 bit / 384kHz Audio Support for better audio quality
- Advanced MFC (Multi-Format Codec)
- Supersonic Internet LTE Speed with 1.2Gbps Downlink Speed (LTE Cat.18 6CA) and 200Mbps (LTE Cat.18 2CA) Uplink Speed.
- New Camera Features –
- Improved, Advanced Stabilisation
- Real-Time Out Of Focus Photography
- Dual ISP (Image Signal Processor) that supports up to 4 image sensors.
- Support for 24MP Front/Rear Cameras or 16MP Dual Cameras
The Exynos 9 9810 is going to be a massive generational leap for Samsung. It has features that Apple’s A11 Bionic Chipset offers, but as Samsung has had time to see what the A11 is like, they are probably going to make it even better than the A11.
The Exynos 9 Processor will be used in the Samsung Galaxy S9 Series of phones, and probably the Galaxy Note 9 as well. But for some regions, the Snapdragon 845 (which should offer similar features and performance) will be used. The Snapdragon 845 will also be used in many other Android Flagships that come out this year.