Android smartphones and tablets come with default LTR (Left to Right) Layouts, including texts, menus, etc. Although, this default android layout is convenient for the right hand users, this may not be same for the left hand users. If you are a left hand user, then follow this article to know how to change layouts to Right to left on Android.Android running device allows you to change your layouts settings. This can certainly useful for left-handed users who find the default layout not so user friendly. To change the layouts from LTR to RTL you have to access Settings of your device. Go to Settings on your Android phone and enable developer option. To enable developer option tap 7 times on your build number. Read below tutorial on how to change layouts.
Under developer option, scroll and find “Force RTL Layout direction” tab. From here you can enable the RTL layout option on your Android device. Follow below steps to do the same.
How to Change Layouts from LTR (Left to Right) to RTL (Right to Left) on Android : Steps to Follow
Note: Force RTL option may not be available on your Android JellyBean powered devices. You may need Android 4.4 KitKat or above to enable this option.
- Step 1: Unlock your Android Phone or Tablet.
- Step 2: Tap on Settings and scroll down and find developer option as shown below.
- Step 3: If you don’t have Developer options enabled then go to about > Software Information > Tap 7 times on Build Number to enable developer option.
- Step 4: Under developer option, scroll down and find Drawing section.
- Step 5: Under drawing section find Force RTL layout direction and enable it.
That’s it. You have successfully enabled Force RTL layout on your Android powered smartphone and tablet. Do try this new RTL layout; however, you can change back to default RTL layouts anytime by disabling the same option from Settings window.
This article is written by Tashreef Shareef from Phone Current as a Guest Post.…Thanks Tashreef Shareef for providing this useful information…Wish you good luck in your future 🙂