Fix Adobe Error 0x80070BC9: Error Occurred During Installation of Assembly: Adobe, mostly popular for its creative suits like CS Illustrator, Photoshop, and Flash player is definitely is the undisputed king of editing software or tools. Now if you are a designer or work with adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, you might have come across error occurred during the installation of assembly message. This usually happens when you are installing any one of the below mentioned adobe tools. So, in today’s’ guide I will be showing you how to fix Adobe Error 0x80070BC9 error in your PC. No matter which Windows you are using i.e. Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 or Windows XP the below mentioned fixes are applicable for all version of Windows and works just perfectly. So try them out and let us know if you still face any error after trying the below mentioned fixes.
How to Fix Adobe Error 0x80070BC9 : Error Occurred During Installation of Assembly
Fix 1: Shut Down and Restart your PC
Did you try restarting your PC and try to install the software again? Well, at times a simple restart can resolve this error and allow you to proceed with installation. Therefore, it is recommended that you make a restart and then proceed with other steps if restarting didn’t fix the error.
Fix 2: Disable Your System Anti-Virus
If you have installed Anti-Virus in your PC, then you may need to disable it as well. Adware and Antivirus can block certain files on your file when your Adobe software tried to make changes to the system. So, disable your Antivirus and restart the system to see if it resolves the error. Check if that resolves Adobe Error 0x80070BC9 and if not proceed on with following fixes.
Fix 3: Disable Startup Programs
To Disable startup programs in your PC open System Configuration. To do this, press Windows Key + R and type in msconfig. You can also open Run by clicking on Start, search for Run, open Run, and type msconfig. Or Simply search for System Configuration and open it.
- Now click on Startup tab, look all the startup items and note the deselected items. Go back to General tab and select Selective Startup. De select Load Startup items and make sure that you have selected Process System.ini File, Process Win.ini File, and Load System Services.
- Now go back to the Service tab, select Hide all Microsoft Services and then click on Disable All. Click on OK / Apply to save the settings. Restart your PC. Now run the abode software, which was giving the error, and see if it resolves the problem.
Fix 4: Uninstall .Net Framework
If nothing seems working then you may need to uninstall and reinstall the .Net Framework in your PC. You may also need to remove the registry keys from a different version of .Net Framework. So let’s begin.
Disclaimer: Editing registry keys involves risk of malfunction. Do it at your own risk. Create Restore point on your PC, before attempting to edit any registry keys.
Begin with uninstalling .Net Framework. Go to Control Panel, Uninstall programs, and uninstall .Net Framework.
Next open Registry editor. Press Windows Key + R, type in regedit and hit enter to open Registry Editor. If not search for Registry Editor in the search bar and open it. Now navigate to the following keys and delete them:
– 32-bit Windows Users:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\Full
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\Product
– 64-bit Windows Users:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\Full
- HKE Y_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\Product
Note: If you cannot find all these keys, delete only the keys you can find. It’s not necessary that you have all of them.
- Once you have uninstalled the .Net Framework and removed all these keys, try to reinstall .Net Framework again based on your Windows version. Next, run and try to install the Adobe CS software you wanted to install and see if the error has gone away.
So, this was about how to Fix Adobe Error 0x80070BC9 error occurred during the installation of assembly. We have mentioned all the possible fixes for this error. Do let us know what worked for you in the comments below.
The Above Mentioned Fix Works Perfectly for the Following Adobe Software’s :
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5, After Effects CS4, After Effects CS5, After Effects CS5.5, Bridge, Creative Suite CS4, Creative Suite CS5, Creative Suite CS5.5, Dreamweaver CS4, Dreamweaver CS5, Dreamweaver CS5.5, Encore CS4, Encore CS5, Fireworks CS4, Fireworks CS5, Flash Catalyst CS5, Flash Catalyst CS5.5, Flash Professional CS4, Flash Professional CS5, Flash Professional CS5.5, Illustrator CS4, Illustrator CS5, InCopy CS4, InCopy CS5, InCopy CS5.5, InDesign CS4, InDesign CS5, InDesign CS5.5, Photoshop Extended, Photoshop, CS4, Photoshop CS5, Soundbooth