Huawei is world’s leading Mobile Data card manufacturer company with over 200 million datacards sold worldwide and about 55% market share globally and over 60% in India Only which is a great achievement.Apart from providing modems Huawei has well managed themselves to step towards in almost every technology field for which they have already gained a lot of appreciation from the consumers through out the world and continuing to do more in near feature.Huawei’s range of mobile broadband products has received various design & performance awards globally consistantly over the years.
Today most of the Internet modems that we use or purchase are made by Huawei offering the best and reliable Internet Connectivity but in rare cases you may often end up facing undesirable modem errors which are quite difficult to deal with but now you don’t need to worry anymore because here below I have listed the top most common Huawei Modem error with their proper solutions.
Fix for Huawei Modem Error 619 and 628 – Steps to Follow
Error Message – Connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed
These two errors 619 and 628 are the most common errors faced by Huwaei Modem users which is often caused by low signal strength and wrong configuration of your modem.
Reasons for such error :
- Weak or Poor network Signal Strength.
- Wrong configuration of your Modem.
- Maybe the Server disconnected you.
- After looking at the above reasons it is quite obvious that if all the configuration from your end and server end are correct then it is happening due to Weak signal strength and the only solution to this problem is to search for a location where you could find better signal strength i.e in open area or different location.
- Else if it is caused due to misconfiguration in your connection profile then please first check your APN Settings, Username, Password, Access number and subscriber name and make sure that all these fields are updated and correctly filled.
- You can find these settings under Tools -> Option -> Profile Management
- Otherwise contact server end and if the problem still persists change your data card.
Fix for Huawei Modem Error 720 – Steps to Follow
Error Message – A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection.
Reasons for this error are the same as that in case of error 619 and 628 in addition of Windows patches that also cause such type of errors.
- Search for a better connectivity location.
- Check Signal Strength of your service provider.
- Check the LED Indicator present on your modem –
If it is GREEN and flashes twice that means it is searching for a network so let it do
If it is GREEN and flashes once that means that data card has registered with the GPRS/EDGE network and so try to connect it.
If it is BLUE and flashes once that means that the data card has registered with the WCDMA/HSDPA network and so let it connect.
- Uninstall the patches KB893066 and KB890923 from your system via Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Select Show Updates.
- If that doesn’t fixes your problem you can follow the guide given here – Alternative fix for error 720
Fix for Huawei Modem Error 633 and Error 797 – Steps to Follow
Error Message – The modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or not configured properly
These two errors basically represents a Internet Connection problem that originates each time you try to use your Huawei modem on your system specifying that the port is already in use or is not configured for Remote Access dial out. You may have to check if the VPN and dial out connection are trying to use the same port that is causing the issue.
- First make sure that your modem is compatible with your Windows and if it is compatible and still not working then you can try out the below steps.
- Go to your system device manager via My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager-> Modems and there perform a Right Click on HUAWEI MOBILE CONNECT and Uninstall it.
- After Uninstalling the drivers remove the Huawei modem from your computer.
- Reconnect your Huawei modem and allow for automatic installation of drivers.
- After this open you control panel and Go to Modem Options and then to Modems and from there Remove all the modems listed there and again Re-Add those all modems back.
- That’s all and you are all done.
If still your problem is not fixed try connecting it other computer if the same issue persists again then there are very strong chances that you have a defective modem so contact your Modem service provider immediately.
Fix for Huawei Modem Error 680 – Steps to Follow
Error Message – No Dial Tone or Dial-up problem
- This error is caused because either the dial up connection is not pointing at the correct modem device or there is a weak signal strength.
How to fix it ?
- Close your Huawei Dashboard i.e your Mobile Partner and Re-open it and After getting a Good Signal Strength try reconnecting it to the network.
Supported Huawei Modems :
Huawei E171, E172, E173, E176, E177, E180, E181, E182, E166, E155, E156, E158, E160, E170, E161 E169, E188, E196, E216, E219, E220, E226, E22X, E230, E270, E271, E272, E303, E352, E353, E355, E357, E367, E368, E369, E372, E392, E397, E398, E612, E618, E620, E630, E660, E800, E870, E870, E880, E968, E1550, E1551, E1552, E1553, E155X, E156C, E156G, E156X, E1609, E160E, E160G, E1612, E1615, E1616, E1630, E1632, E166G, E1690, E1692, E1820, E1823, E182E, E1800, E1803, E180G, E180S, E169G, E170G, E1780, E172G, E1762, E2010, S4011, E1731, E3131, E630+, E660A, K3517, K3520, K3710, EG162, EG602, EM770, EG602G, EG162G