Google Android is a very versatile Operating platform that permits installation of apps or games from both Google Play store and Outside the play store via .APK Files which is quite useful for users without Internet facility on their devices.But Installing apps from outside the Google playstore suffers from a major drawback that most of the users often end up facing “There was a problem parsing the package error” which in return restrict the installation of apps from APK Files.
Possible Reasons for such error :
- One of the main reason for facing this error is you have turned off the feature Allow installation of apps from Unknown sources.
- Either the Android APK File is incomplete downloaded or corrupted.
- Due to Incompatibility of App with your Android Device or OS.
How to Fix “There was a Problem Parsing the Package Error” ? – Steps to Follow
First of all I would recommend you to identify the main cause of your problem by looking at the above given reasons and try fixing the issue by following the below given procedure.
- Go to Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Enable Unknown Sources (Allow Installation of non-Market Applications) as shown below in the Image.
Note – Make sure that you download the APK Files from trusted sources because now a days most of these APK files are equipped with viruses or malwares which could cause severe damage to your smartphone.
- If Step 1 doesn’t fixes your problem then check your downloaded APK file from which you are installing the app and make sure that it is not corrupted or incomplete therefore try installing with a different APK File.
- If after trying the above steps still you face the error then it means that either the App is incompatible with your Android Device or your Android H/W or S/W Version is too old to support the App.