There are cases when you often stuck facing Svchost.exe no disk error while working upon Windows platform no matter which Windows version are you using. Usually it has been found that this error often arises while removing pendrive or cd/dvd in middle of a running process but you don’t need to worry much about this issue as it is quite common these days. Some call this Svchost.exe as virus but I have already discussed about Svchost.exe in my previous posts where i have clearly mentioned that Svc Host is basically a System Process which is Used for the Purpose of Hosting Several Windows Services. Also as per Microsoft official statement -“svchost.exe is a generic host process name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries”. Therefore you don’t need to worry much about this unless you are facing serious issues related to this Svchost.exe file. So here we are going to discuss one such Svchost.exe issue that is Svchost.exe No Disk Error in Windows 7 with its proper solution. The error says “There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive…..”
Note – You may find different solutions to get rid of this over Internet some of which work while some don’t but here we are going to provide you with a simple and straight forward method targeted specifically for fixing Svchost.exe no disk error in Windows 8, Windows 7 etc.
How to Fix Svchost.exe No Disk Error in Windows 8.1/8/7/XP : Steps to Follow
- Open your Windows Task Manager by Pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL together.
- Go to the Process tab where you will see number of different processes running.
- What you need to do is just find the Svchost.exe process in the list of running processes.
- After that just select that Svchost.exe process and Click on the End Process button.
- That’s it now after ending that process you may now click on the Cancel button displayed in the error and you will no longer see the same error again.
Note : Important
If you still keep facing this Svchost.exe no disk error again and again then there are chances that your system is being affected by some sort of malware so you need to install a proper Malware cleaner to clean your system from any suspected unidentified malwares and for this you may use the Adw Cleaner software application.