Googleupdate.exe is the official Google service that takes care of updating all the Google apps installed in your system like Google Chrome browser which constantly keep monitoring for checking the latest updates. Though it is a good service but the only drawback is that this service runs in background drawing all of your internet bandwidth while there is an update for any Google product installed on your system which becomes quite annoying and frustrating therefore here below I have mentioned a complete step by step tutorial on How to remove Googleupdate.exe from your system permanently.
There are several ways of removing Googleupdate.exe from your system but here we are going to stick to the most effective and easiest solution. So you just need to follow the below given instructions on how to disable Googleupdate.exe from running in background.
How to Remove Googleupdate.exe | Disable Googleupdate.exe : Best Ways
Step 1 : Disabling GoogleUpdate.exe Startup Service
- Open RUN Command box by pressing Windows + R keys together and then type msconfig and Hit Enter.
- That’s it you will be redirected to System Configuration Utility dashboard and here just navigate to the Startup tab and there you will see a list of items where you will also see an entry with GoogleUpdate name as shown below in the screen shot.
- So what you need to do is simply Uncheck the box before GoogleUpdate entry and restart your system to apply the changes.
Step 2 : Disable GoogleUpdate.exe Scheduler
Now we need to remove the Googleupdate.exe scheduler from the scheduled tasks list which is responsible for checking latest updates for Google apps installed in system and carrying out the update process in background so we need to remove the GoogleUpdate.exe scheduler from the Scheduled tasks list.
- Go to your Windows Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools and open the Task Scheduler.
- Note – For Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 users you may just type Task Scheduler in the start screen and there you will see an option to select Schedule Tasks.
- Here under Task Scheduler Select Task Scheduler Library and on the right hand side you will see an entry for GoogleUpdate.
- That’s it just select that entry and change its status from Ready to Disable which will eventually disable all the Google Update services.
If you are an expert on networking or have basic knowledge of Windows firewall settings then you may also create a new rule for Googleupdate.exe and thus block it’s internet access which will do the same work as that of removing Googleupdate.exe from your system.