Recently I got an email from one of my fellow reader who was having trouble in network connections while using Windows system where the user system was showing a yellow exclamation mark on the Internet connections and while opening the network connections folder it was all empty without any connections being shown there but this is not finished yet the more surprising element was that the user was having no issues while browsing Internet. The network adapters folder was all empty or blank so i suggested him few work arounds like tweaking network router settings, windows firewall, updates etc but nothing worked and finally after hours of internet surfing i was able to provide him with appropriate solution to the issue which I have shared below with you. So just check out the below given step by step tutorial on How to fix network connections folder empty in windows.
How to Fix Network Connections Folder Empty Windows : Best Ways
As i said above this is becoming quite a common issue in most of the windows systems but you don’t need to worry about this because it can be solved easily both manually or with the help of automated scripts. Here below I have mentioned both the manual way and the automated way to fix network connections folder empty and you may follow the appropriate fix as per your skills. If you are novice then I would suggest you to go for the automatic procedure else you should go for the manual way of fixing for better understanding.
Fix Network Connections Folder Empty via Registry Editor : Manual
- You need to open the Windows Registry editor and to do so open the RUN Command box and type regedit command as shown below in the screen shot.
- Here Navigate to the following registry key value :
- Here you will see different keys in the right side and from there you need to select the key with Config name and delete that key as shown below in the screen shot.
Note – No need to worry this key will be re-created once you restart your system or open your network connections.
- That’s it after deleting the Config key and restarting the system you will no longer face the same network connections folder empty error.
Fix Network Connections Folder Empty via Automated Way : Script
If you are afraid or beginner to windows system then it is better to avoid the manual way and follow the automatic way fix through registry scripts. Just download the below given registry script and install it on your system and that’s it you are all done.
Supported searches :
- How to fix network connections folder empty Windows 8.1
- How to fix network connections folder empty Windows 8
- How to fix network connections folder empty Windows 7
- How to fix network connections folder empty Windows Vista
- How to fix network connections folder empty Windows XP
- How to fix network adapters folder empty windows