Install CWM and Root Lenovo K3 Note with ADB Fastboot Method: The Lenovo K3 Note was Lenovo’s one of the most popular Android smartphone launched in India. The smartphone was launched in India in the month of July and was available for the flash sale. Now if you own a Lenovo K3 Note, then here is how to install CWM and root Lenovo K3 Note with ADB fastboot method.
Install CWM Lenovo K3 Note : The Lenovo K3 Note was launched with an impressive set of specifications that included a 5.5-inch Full HD display with wide viewing angles. At the back of the device, there is a 13-megpaixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front facing the camera for video calling needs.
Lenovo K3 Note runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop OS out of the box with Lenovo’s own UI on top of it. It also comes packed with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. There is a micro SD card slot in the phone to increase the storage capacity up to 64GB through a micro SD card. All this is powered by a 1.7GHz MediaTek 64-bit processor. Connectivity on the phone is covered by 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS.
Now coming to the topic, rooting your Lenovo K3 Note is possible with ADB Fastboot. Even though there is another method to root Lenovo K3 Note, we would recommend you to install CWM and root Lenovo K3 Note with ADB fastboot method as it is safer and a bit easier than using the flash tool method.
Install CWM and root Lenovo K3 Note with ADB Fastboot method
Disclaimer: Rooting your Lenovo K3 Note Android phone will void its warranty. Rooting involves risk of bricking your phone. Follow this rooting guide on your own risk.
- Download and install Lenovo USB Driver on your PC from here.
- Download Flash Tool from here.
Download Recovery Images from the link given below:
- Download CMW Recovery Image and Scatter Text File from here
- Download Stock Recovery Image and Scatter Text File from here
- TWRP Recovery Image and Scatter Text File from here
Enable USB Debugging – Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap 7 times on Build number. Go to Settings > Developer Option > Enable USB Debugging.
- Make Sure to Create Backup of your Data and Your Phone is Fully Charged 100%
- Enable Installation from Unknown Sources: Go to Settings > Security > Enable Unknown sources.
Install CWM / TWRP / Stock Recovery on Lenovo K3 Note : Steps to Follow
- Extract the Lenovousbdriver…….rar file and install Lenovo USB drivers if you haven’t already.
- Extract Flash-Tools….rar file into a folder. Extract Recovery-Lemon….rar into the same folder.
- Now from the extracted folder, right-click on Flash-tool.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Inside the tool, click on Scatter-loading and select the MT6752_Android_Scatter.txt file.
- Click on Option from the toolbar, go to Download and check the box “DA, DL, ALL with Checksum.”
- Below Scatter-loading File, select “Download only” from the drop-down menu.
- Now check the box “recovery” and locate the recovery.img. You will find this file in your extracted folder.
- Next, turn off your Lenovo K3 Note and remove the battery.
- Click on the Download button on your Flashtool.
- Insert battery back into your Lenovo K3 Note and connect it to PC using the USB data cable. Make sure the phone is turned off while connecting to the PC.
- You will see a red stripe showing the downloading percentage. Once completed, you should have successfully installed the CWM Recovery in Lenovo K3 Note.
Root Lenovo K3 Note with Fastboot Method : Steps to Follow
Now that you have installed CWM Recovery, it’s time to root Lenovo K3 Note.
- Download SuperSu – from here. Move the file to your phone’s SD card.
- Switch off your phone and Press and hold Volume Down Button + Volume Up Button + Power Button until your phone vibrates. When you see the Boot Screen, release the Power button, and when you see the Recovery screen release the other buttons.
- From the recovery menu, select update from SD card and select the Update_SuperSU-v2.46.Zip file.
- Select update to root Lenovo K3 Note.
- Once rooted, reboot your phone. You can check whether the phone is rooted or not using the root checker app. So, this was about how to install CWM and root Lenovo K3 Note with ADB fastboot method. Do let us know your thoughts in the comments below.