How to Update Micromax Unite 2 to Lollipop : Micromax Unite 2 was the mid range smartphone launched by Micromax few months back and now you can update Micromax Unite 2 to Android Lollipop. Talking about its specifications, the Micromax Unite 2 comes with 4.7-inch WVGA resolution display, powered by a 1.3GHz MT6582M processor, paired with 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage and a micro SD card slot for memory expansion. It runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS out of the box.
At the camera front, it comes with a 5MP rear camera with a LED flash and a 2MP front facing camera for video calling needs. Connectivity on the device is covered by usual set of connectivity features. Though, Micromax Unite 2 comes with Android 4.4 KitKat, here is how you can update Micromax Canvas Unite 2 to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Follow below instructions to learn How to Update Micromax Unite 2 to Lollipop easily.
How to Update Micromax Unite 2 to Lollipop : Steps to Follow
Warning: Updating your device to Android Lollipop involves risk of voiding warranty and permanently bricking your device. Follow them at your own risk.
Follow below given pre-requites and then the steps to update Unite 2 to Android Lollipop OS :
- Take complete back up of your device including personal data, contacts and other media contents.
- Enable USB Debugging on Micromax Unite 2. To do this go to Settings > About Phone > Developer Option > USB Debugging . If you don’t see Developer Option then enable it. To do this go to, Settings > About Phone > Tap 7 times on Build number. Next go to Settings > About Phone > Developer Option > enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure your device is 100 % charged
- Download Micromax Unite 2 Drivers to your PC and install it
Follow below given steps to update Micromax Unite 2 to Lollipop.
- Download Android Lollipop ROM and extract it (if it asks for password enter moulnisky)
- Next download SP Flash Tool to your computer and extract it to a folder
- Install SP Flash Tool and open it.
- In SP Flash Tool window, click on “Scatter –loading” button and select “MT6582_Android_scatter” file from the extracted ROM folder.
- Next, select “Firmware Upgrade” from the drop down Menu in the tool.
- Switch off your Micromax Unite 2, remove the battery and reinsert it after few minutes.
- Click on the “Download” button in SP Flash Tool and connect your phone to computer (while it is switched off) using the USB cable. The flashing process will take 5 minutes and once done, you should see a success message showing up in SP Flash Tool.
Note: After connecting your device to PC in switched off state if you see Charging message on your device, then click on disconnect button in SP Flash Tool and install the Micromax USB Driver again. And then proceed with the steps.
So this was about how to update Micromax Unite 2 to Android Lollipop. Do post any comments or suggestions in the comment section.