Microsoft Windows 8 comes with all new Start Screen instead of the old start menu used in previous versions of Windows that features a Lock screen property very similar to the Touch Screen Smartphone’s.Screen lock feature looks great on any smartphone and is very essential but when it comes to use in Desktops and laptops it becomes very annoying and irritating.So most of the users didn’t like this new lock screen feature and wants to remove or hide this from the start up screen but Windows 8 has no direct options or settings to disable or hide this Lock screen so they found it to be very difficult to remove.So here is a simple Fix that will help you to completely remove or disable Windows 8 Lock Screen from the Start Screen.You can remove this lock screen by two methods listed below.
Disable Windows 8 Lock screen Using Registry Editor
1) First of all you need to Open Registry Editor in Windows 8.To open it Press Win(Windows)+R and then RUN Dialog box will open and there type regedit and Press Enter.This will open Registry Editor and will look like as shown below
2) Now in Registry Editor go to the following Key:
*If this key doesn’t exist in the directory then you will have to create it by Yourself.So here are the following steps to create the key
- First go to the key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
- Now Select Windows key and Right Click on it and Create a new key and Set it to Personalization
*Set it to 0 again if you want to Enable the Lock Screen
5) Close Registry Editor and Restart your computer and you are all done.
Disable Windows 8 Lock screen Using Group Policy Editor
1) First of all you need to Open Group Policy Editor in Windows 8.To open it Press Win(Windows)+R and then RUN Dialog box will open and there type gpedit.msc and Press Enter.This will open Group Policy Editor and will look like as shown below
2) Now Go to Computer Configuration and Expand it and then Select Administrative Templates and then expand it and then select Control Panel and then expand it again and Select Personalization
Computer Config. ->Select Administrative Templates ->Select Control Panel ->Select Personalization
*Set it to “Not Configured” if you want to enable the Lock Screen
4) This will completely Remove your Lock screen and you are done