There are some cases when you need to create UEFI enabled bootable USB media for installing new windows like while installing windows on laptops that come preinstalled with windows. Often changing the UEFI mode to Legacy mode helps but not always where you may get stuck facing error like Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of GPT partition style. while in the middle of installing windows therefore to resolve such errors you need to have a UEFI enabled bootable USB media. So read below instructions on how to create bootable usb for ubuntu or how to create bootable media for windows.
How to Make UEFI Bootable USB Flash drive for Installing Windows : Usually it has been observed that most of the users try to follow the Command prompt method to create bootable USB pen drives for installing Windows on their systems but its not that easy for everyone and also it doesn’t always guarantee that it will work perfectly therefore it is recommened to follow the alternative way of creating bootable USB media by using free third party tools unless you are very much technically expert. These free tools not only allows you to create bootable USB media but also offers some great features like if you want to create UEFI mode or LEGACY mode type of bootable media then it is easier to create them via these tools rather than following the command prompt method. Here also I am going to tell creation of UEFI Bootable USB media via using third party tools.
How to Create UEFI Bootable USB for Ubuntu, Windows using Rufus : Steps to Follow
I am here going to use Rufus one of the most reliable USB formatting utility tool that not only helps in formatting the USB pen drives but also helps in creation of bootable USB medias for installing Windows. Some of the key features of Rufus are is its extremely low size and amazingly high speed that can create bootable media twice as fast as compared to other USB bootable media tools. So just follow the below given simple instructions on how to create UEFI bootable USB pendrive using Rufus.
- First of all you need to download Rufus on your system which would take not less than a minute if you are having decent internet connection as it is of just 0.8MB in size – Click here to download Rufus
- After downloading simply install it on your system like you install other software’s and Run Rufus after installation though it would be opened automatically after installation.
- Here Under Partition scheme and target system type, select GPT partition scheme for UEFI Computer and Under File system, select FAT32 as shown below in the screen shot.
- After this just select your Windows ISO file by clicking the browse icon button besides Create a bootable disk using ISO image option.
- That’s it just hit the start button and it will start creating your UEFI Bootable USB Pen drive.
Related Searches :
- How to create UEFI bootable usb to install Windows 7
- How to create UEFI bootable usb to install Windows 8.1
- How to create UEFI bootable usb to install Windows 8
- How to create UEFI bootable usb Windows 8.1