No doubt Google Android OS is thus far the best platform for all the latest smartphones and tablets till now and is widely appreciated for its performance as well as due to availability of millions of apps or games but still you can face some irritating errors while using an Android Smartphone and thus blaming the Android OS though the exact cause might not be associated with the Android OS that you are using as it can be either due to a manufacturing defect or while setting up a Google Account and one such error that is often faced by Google Android Users is “Can’t Establish a Reliable Data Connection to the Server error.This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services.If it continues, call Customer care.” while connecting to the Google Play store.Such type of error is often found in unbranded cheap Chinese tablets though you can also face this error in Branded Android Devices so if you are the one facing this error and looking for a solution then you don’t need to worry anymore you are at the right place to get your problem fixed but before we move lets get through the possible reasons associated with such error.
Possible Reasons for such error :
- Forgot Setting up your Google Account while booting the Android Device for the first time with all new firmware.
- Due to SSL or Https connection drop out to Google Server via Google Play which is caused because of the /etc/hosts file that is used for resolving the host-name to IP points to the Old IP Address of Google Server which has been changed probably with time.
How to fix Can’t Establish a Reliable Data Connection to the Server error ?
The above listed two reasons are the major cause for facing this error therefore first identify the possible reason that is associated with your Android Device causing this error and try using the below given fixes.
Note – It has been observed that most of the users face such kind of error due to wrong setup of their Google Account while booting up for the first time and it is quite easy to rectify this possible reason simply by resetting your Android Smartphone or Using YouTube Connection trick or Enabling Background data.
Fix – 1 : YouTube Connection Trick
This is the best and easiest way to fix “Can’t Establish a Reliable Data Connection to the Server Error” where you just need to establish a connection to Google Server via Youtube App and Gmail.
- Go to Youtube App and login to your Google gmail Account.
- Go to gmail and add a new account if required.
- Here sign in with your correct username and password.
- Go through the Whole loging process to establish the connection.
Note – After logging in to check go to Settings > Account & Sync and there select “Add account” and add a secondary account.
Fix – 2 : Enabling Background Data
Google Apps require the Background Data to be turned on to work therefore first try enabling the Background data of your Android device and then setting up the Google Account.
- Go to Settings -> Account & Sync -> Enable Background Data (Check Mark the option)
- Go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Add account -> Google -> Create a new or Log in.
- That’s all and you are all done.
Note – You can also try enabling background data after removing the SIM Card if it doesn’t work with the SIM Card.
Fix – 3 : Factory Reset Your Android Smartphone
If the above solution doesn’t work try hard resetting your smartphone which will restore your Android Device to its old factory settings.
Warning – Factory Data Reset will erase all your Internal Storage,Personal Settings or Downloaded applications so make sure to take a Backup of your data before following the below procedure.
- Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Data Reset
- Reboot Your Device and fill in the correct details of your Google Account.
Note – Don’t forget to add the Google Account details this time else you have to Hard reset it again.
- That’s all and you are all done.
Note – Try Hard resetting without SIM Card if the above method doesn’t work out.
ALL THE ABOVE METHODS WORK QUITE FINE IF THERE HAS BEEN PROBLEM IN SETTING UP THE GOOGLE ACCOUNT BUT IF AFTER TRYING ALL THE ABOVE LISTED SOLUTIONS STILL THE PROBLEM EXISTS THEN THE LAST AND ONLY SOLUTION LEFT IS TO EDIT THE /etc/hosts file To SEE THE WHOLE DETAILED GUIDE ON HOW TO EDIT THE HOST FILE GO THROUGH THE BELOW GIVEN LINK.