Windows 7 USB DVD Download tool is one of the leading and top recommended software for creating bootable USB or DVD’s from Windows ISO image files. It allows you to create your desired choice of bootable USB/DVD drives as per the ISO files in a very easy and efficient manner without going through the usual hectic command prompt method. Moreover this is an official tool from the Microsoft itself and therefore you can trust on it without having any second thoughts at all. There are thousands of satisfied users using Windows 7 USB DVD download tool for creating bootable USB/DVD drives and here you must note that though its name uses the Windows 7 tag but don’t worry it works as good as it does for Windows 7 ISO files for creating all the latest Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 USB/DVD drives.
But now one thing that has been reported by few users is having trouble while creating 64 bit ISO files facing “Unable to run bootsect to make the USB device” at the end of procedure. The actual error message shows”Files copied successfully. However, we were unable to run bootsect to make the USB device bootable.” Though the issue is not that much big but yeah it does prevents you from creating bootable USB/DVD drives for 64bit OS files therefore here I am going to share How to fix Unable to run bootsect to make the USB device error in Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool.
The error message shows “File copied successfully. However, we were unable to run bootsect to make the USB device bootable. If you need assistance with bootsect, please click the “Online Help” link above for more information.”
How to fix Unable to run bootsect to make the USB device bootable ?
- First of all make sure you have the latest version of Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool installed on your system though this is not mandatory but it is always better to have the updated one.
- Next Download the bootsect file from here – Click to download bootsect
- After downloading the bootsect.zip file just extract its contents and copy all the extracted contents and save them to the location where you have installed Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool.
- That’s it and now again try creating bootable USB/DVD drive and you will not face the same error again.
Supported Searches :
- Windows 7 USB DVD download tool unable to run bootsect to make the USB device bootable error
- Unable to run bootsect to make the USB Device bootable error Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool