If we look back into past few years we could clearly see that the whole Smartphone market was highly dominated by single largest mobile manufacturing company and it was no other than Nokia which gained the trust of millions of users worldwide by providing top quality handsets and customer satisfaction but the launch of Google Android OS and Nokia’s tie up with Microsoft proved a nightmare for Nokia’s Smartphone Business which continues to worse till now but still after all these failure’s the company has well managed to remain in the market by selling their iconic S40 Java handsets at a very affordable price which is still one of the world’s most widely used mobile phone platforms and can be found in hundreds of millions of devices.
In the year 2012-2013 Nokia Added several Series 40 java phone’s which includes the popular Asha line up such as the 308, 309, 311, 501 etc Smartphone’s. Recently a lot of users were found reporting problems with these S40 Series phones out of which most common problems are freezing, uneven hangs which are quite normal to have but apart from these problems there is one error that is hurting most of the users that is “Conflicting applications. Show items?” Error which is not only faced in Nokia Browser but also with apps like twitter, ebuddy or chat and much more which restricts the usage of application. Lets get familiar with the reasons responsible for facing such error.
Reasons for Conflicting Apps Error Nokia Browser S40 Phones :
- It occurs when the app update doesn’t go successfully up to completion.
- Installed the wrong firmware or installation didn’t completed successfully.
Note Imp: Must Read
If you have tried factory reset on your Nokia S40 phone then you also have noticed that this problem can’t be solved merely by resetting your Smartphone to default factory settings in most of the cases therefore you need to follow some special instructions to fix this error that are given below and still there is no assurity that it will be 100% fixed.
“Conflicting Apps Error Nokia Browser S40 Phones” – How to Fix it ?
Here below is a simple guide on how to fix conflicting apps error nokia browser s40 phones. As discussed above the probable reasons for facing such kind of error therefore such errors can be rectified by either updating the app again or with fresh re installation.
Note – The solution given here can be applied to any app facing the same error.
Method – 1 : Without Factory Reset
- First of all Install Opera mini web browser or you can install UC Browser if opera mini doesn’t work for you.
Note – You can Install these browsers directly either by using Nokia Store or manually visiting Opera Mini and UC Browser Official websites
- Open your installed web browser and Go to the link Ovi Store
- From here just re-download Nokia browser or any other app that is facing the same issue.
- W8 for the successful installation of app so make sure to have good internet connectivity.
- That’s all and you are all done. You can now enjoy lightning fast speed browsing on your Nokia S40 Smartphone with nokia express browser.
Method – 2 : Factory Reset (Last option if you have not tried it earlier)
- If you haven’t performed a factory reset before and the above method doesn’t work out for you then this is the only last hope that can save you from facing this error once again.
- Before resetting you Smartphone make sure to take a backup of all your important data or else you will end up losing all your important text messages, phone contacts and much more.
- To take a backup you can either use the Backup utility from settings or make a backup using Nokia PC Suite on your PC.
- While resetting choose Full Restore option which will wipe all your phone data so make a backup.
Thanks’ if you are still facing the same issue then please let me know and i will try my best to help you to get rid of this annoying error.
Supported Nokia Handsets :
- Asha Series – Nokia Asha 201, Asha 202, Asha 203, Asha 205, Asha 206, Asha 210, Asha 300, Asha 302, Asha 303, Asha 305, Asha 306, Asha 308, Asha 309, Asha 310, Asha 311, Asha 501,
- Other models – 110, 111, 112, 113, 2700, 2730, 3710, 5130, 5330, 6303, 6600, 6700, 7230, c2-01, c2-02, c2-03, c2-05, c2-06, c2-07, c2-08, c3-00, c3-01, x2-00, x2-01, x2-02, x2-05, x3-00, x3-02