Unable to Open Files or Shortcuts due to .lnk Extension Because All Files Converted to .lnk Files ? – Read this Post to Fix this Issue by Fixing Windows Registry.Now a days this is becoming a very Common Problem faced by most of the Users.Because of this they are unable to open any kind of File.How to Download Torrent Files Using IDM : Faster and High Speed When they try to Start or Run a program through shortcut nothing happens as the Windows ask you what Program would you like to use the .lnk File.This Kind of Problem generally arises due to Corrupt Windows Registry File or other Windows registry Errors.Here in this Post I am going to tell you how to Fix this Problem by Fixing Windows Registry.How to Download Play Store Apps on PC
What are .Lnk Files ?
.lnk files are special files having .lnk File Format or Extension which is used by Microsoft Windows to Point to an executable file.They are basically associated with shortcut files that links to executable files..lnk Stands for Link.These .lnk files consists of basic Properties like path to Executable Files and “Start-In” directory.How to Increase IDM Download Speed – IDM Optimizer
Problems Associated with .lnk Files
- All File Extensions are Converted to .lnk Format.
- Not able to Open these Files as Windows ask what Program would you like to use for .lnk File.
All Files Converted to .lnk Files – Solution to Fix this Problem
As discussed above this Problem occurs due to Windows Registry Problems.Therefore the Only Way to Solve or Fix this Issue is to Fix the Windows Registry.Here below is a Step by Step Guide on How to Fix this Issue Using three Different Methods. How to Increase YouTube Buffering speed – Faster and High Speed
Method 1 – Download Registry Fix to Restore Default .lnk Extension Settings
- For Windows XP Users – Download the Registry File
- For Windows Vista and 7 Users – Download the Registry File
Note – It is a .zip file therefore Extract it First and Double Click on the Registry File and Click Yes when Registry Editor Prompts you.
- Restart Your Computer So that New changes can take Place
Method 2 – Manually Fixing the Windows Registry
- Open Windows Registry Editor.To Open type regedit in RUN Box.
- Search For the Following Key.Top 10 Best Android Phones Under 10000
- Restart Your Computer so that new effects can take Place.
Method 3 – By Using Third Party Software – For Windows Vista or Above Versions
You can also Use Third Party Software’s to Fix this Issue and Repair .lnk (Shortcuts) File Association utility is one of them.
- That’s all and You are all Done.